Follow the steps below to get started with the Sparky CLI. You'll need to open up your Terminal (Command Prompt in Windows) to run the following commands.
Step 1: Installing the Sparky CLI
Using the Scoopopen in new window package manager (recommended).
scoop bucket add sparky https://github.com/aquaponics-ai/scoop-sparky-cli.git scoop install sparky
To install the Sparky CLI on Windows without a package manager:
- Download the latest windows zip file from https://github.com/aquaponics-ai/sparky-cli-dist/releases/latestopen in new window
- Unzip the file:
- Run the unzipped .exe file (example:
Step 2: Log in to your account
After installing the Sparky CLI you'll need to login in order to setup your sensors, certificates, and manage your connections. To do so, run
sparky login in the terminal and you'll be prompted to enter your Aquaponics AI email and password.
This session will expire after a while and you will need to run this command again in the future should you need to update your configuration.
Step 3: Setup your configuration
Before you start configuring your local setup you'll need to make sure the dashboard has been configured properly. You need to create a sensor, attach logs to the sensor, and get everything setup for the Sparky CLI.
Once you're authenticated you now have everything you need to get started. In order to get your data into the cloud please follow these steps for each of your metrics that you want to track:
- Setup a Source: This is done by running
sparky source create
- Import a Target: Import the notebooks and sensors on your account using
sparky target import
- Create a Link: Link the source and targets using
sparky link create
- Start the Server: This is what actually sends your data to the cloud.
If at any point you get stuck don't forget you can simply run
sparky help and it will give you the information you need.